Army Chief designate calls on Assam Chief Minister
Guwahati: Army Chief designate and GOC-in-C Eastern Command Lt Gen Bikram Singh on Wednesday called on Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi as part of his farewell visit to the region.
Singh, accompanied by his wife Bubbles Singh, made a courtesy call on the Chief Minister before he leaves Eastern Command to take over charge as army chief, official sources said.
``There was no agenda of the meeting. It was merely a courtsey call``, the sources added.
Singh had arrived at Tezpur yesterday, where he was received by GOC 4 Corps Lt Gen Shakti Gurung, and interacted with the troops.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah