Army Chief designate calls on Assam Chief Minister
Guwahati: Army Chief designate and GOC-in-C Eastern Command Lt Gen Bikram Singh on Wednesday called on Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi as part of his farewell visit to the region.
Singh, accompanied by his wife Bubbles Singh, made a courtesy call on the Chief Minister before he leaves Eastern Command to take over charge as army chief, official sources said.
``There was no agenda of the meeting. It was merely a courtsey call``, the sources added.
Singh had arrived at Tezpur yesterday, where he was received by GOC 4 Corps Lt Gen Shakti Gurung, and interacted with the troops.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...