Army Chief designate calls on Assam Chief Minister
Guwahati: Army Chief designate and GOC-in-C Eastern Command Lt Gen Bikram Singh on Wednesday called on Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi as part of his farewell visit to the region.
Singh, accompanied by his wife Bubbles Singh, made a courtesy call on the Chief Minister before he leaves Eastern Command to take over charge as army chief, official sources said.
``There was no agenda of the meeting. It was merely a courtsey call``, the sources added.
Singh had arrived at Tezpur yesterday, where he was received by GOC 4 Corps Lt Gen Shakti Gurung, and interacted with the troops.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police