Army Chief designate calls on Assam Chief Minister
Guwahati: Army Chief designate and GOC-in-C Eastern Command Lt Gen Bikram Singh on Wednesday called on Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi as part of his farewell visit to the region.
Singh, accompanied by his wife Bubbles Singh, made a courtesy call on the Chief Minister before he leaves Eastern Command to take over charge as army chief, official sources said.
``There was no agenda of the meeting. It was merely a courtsey call``, the sources added.
Singh had arrived at Tezpur yesterday, where he was received by GOC 4 Corps Lt Gen Shakti Gurung, and interacted with the troops.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan