Army Chief designate calls on Assam Chief Minister
Guwahati: Army Chief designate and GOC-in-C Eastern Command Lt Gen Bikram Singh on Wednesday called on Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi as part of his farewell visit to the region.
Singh, accompanied by his wife Bubbles Singh, made a courtesy call on the Chief Minister before he leaves Eastern Command to take over charge as army chief, official sources said.
``There was no agenda of the meeting. It was merely a courtsey call``, the sources added.
Singh had arrived at Tezpur yesterday, where he was received by GOC 4 Corps Lt Gen Shakti Gurung, and interacted with the troops.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Know who influences Shah Rukh Khan’s life – Details inside
- ED slaps case against BS Hooda and Associated Journal Ltd under PMLA
- Bhoot, pret, upari saya: MP minister clarifies on reasons behind farmers' suicide
- India Couture Week: Anita Dongre brings couture for 'bride on the go'
- Pakistan taking unpleasant interest in imposing upon India their vicious motives: Khurshid