Assam: 5 nabbed for Agiathuri shooting incident
Guwahati: Five persons were apprehended in connection with the shooting at Agiathuri area near Guwahati in which the president and secretary of a village panchayat were injured.
The police had nabbed four persons Friday. The fifth man was apprehended Saturday and a motorcycle was seized.
The five were being interrogated, police sources said.
Seven motorcycle borne youths had fired upon the president of Saniyadi village panchayat, Mokibur Ali and secretary Mojinur Ali at Agiathuri area after they had withdrawn Rs 2.60 lakh from a bank and were on way to Guwahati yesterday.
The miscreants had also decamped with the money.
The two critically injured were admitted to the Gauhati Medical College Hospital.
A massive search operation was launched to nab the miscreants, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Regardless of N-deal, primary American embargo on Iran to stay: US Treasury Department
- UK PM Cameron says EU referendum turnout is greatest concern for 'In'
- US states sue White House over transgender bathroom use
- Congress plans nationwide media blitz against 2 years of NDA's 'misrule'; to release film, booklet
- PHOTO: After KKR's loss vs SRH, Shah Rukh Khan Tweets heart-wrenching image of cheerleaders crying