Assam: 5 nabbed for Agiathuri shooting incident
Guwahati: Five persons were apprehended in connection with the shooting at Agiathuri area near Guwahati in which the president and secretary of a village panchayat were injured.
The police had nabbed four persons Friday. The fifth man was apprehended Saturday and a motorcycle was seized.
The five were being interrogated, police sources said.
Seven motorcycle borne youths had fired upon the president of Saniyadi village panchayat, Mokibur Ali and secretary Mojinur Ali at Agiathuri area after they had withdrawn Rs 2.60 lakh from a bank and were on way to Guwahati yesterday.
The miscreants had also decamped with the money.
The two critically injured were admitted to the Gauhati Medical College Hospital.
A massive search operation was launched to nab the miscreants, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack