Assam: 5 nabbed for Agiathuri shooting incident
Guwahati: Five persons were apprehended in connection with the shooting at Agiathuri area near Guwahati in which the president and secretary of a village panchayat were injured.
The police had nabbed four persons Friday. The fifth man was apprehended Saturday and a motorcycle was seized.
The five were being interrogated, police sources said.
Seven motorcycle borne youths had fired upon the president of Saniyadi village panchayat, Mokibur Ali and secretary Mojinur Ali at Agiathuri area after they had withdrawn Rs 2.60 lakh from a bank and were on way to Guwahati yesterday.
The miscreants had also decamped with the money.
The two critically injured were admitted to the Gauhati Medical College Hospital.
A massive search operation was launched to nab the miscreants, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?