Assam: Culling completed to check bird flu
Guwahati: Assam government has completed
the culling of infected birds and mopping operation to control
spread of avian influenza which broke out recently in Assam`s
A total of 15,409 birds were culled and 149 eggs were
destroyed till September 18 and a compensation of Rs 6,51,923
have been paid to the affected poultry farmers in the
district, officials of Department of Animal Husbandry and
Veterinary said here today.
Clearing and disinfection work in 11 villages have
also been completed.
In this operation, eighteen Rapid Response Teams (RRT)
were deployed. Bird flu broke out in Bhamundanga Pt-I
Epicentre in Agomoni block of Dhubri district.
The Bhopal-based Forensic laboratory had confirmed
that the samples sent to it for testing was positive for bird
The state government had also directed the forest
departments to take precautionary measures in areas where
there is considerable avian population, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note