Assam: Culling completed to check bird flu
Guwahati: Assam government has completed
the culling of infected birds and mopping operation to control
spread of avian influenza which broke out recently in Assam`s
A total of 15,409 birds were culled and 149 eggs were
destroyed till September 18 and a compensation of Rs 6,51,923
have been paid to the affected poultry farmers in the
district, officials of Department of Animal Husbandry and
Veterinary said here today.
Clearing and disinfection work in 11 villages have
also been completed.
In this operation, eighteen Rapid Response Teams (RRT)
were deployed. Bird flu broke out in Bhamundanga Pt-I
Epicentre in Agomoni block of Dhubri district.
The Bhopal-based Forensic laboratory had confirmed
that the samples sent to it for testing was positive for bird
The state government had also directed the forest
departments to take precautionary measures in areas where
there is considerable avian population, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Singh Is Bliing movie review: Watch it for Akshay Kumar!
- Watch: NASA releases best images of Pluto's largest moon, Charon