Assam: Curfew lifted in Rangapara
Tezpur: Sonitpur administration ion Tuesday lifted the indefinite curfew clamped in Rangapara town yesterday following a clash between police and protestors.
Sonitpur Deputy Commissioner Lalit Gogoi told PTI that the situation at Rangapara and its adjoining areas was normal and the curfew was lifted from 10 am today.
The district administration was maintaining a strict vigil to prevent any further incidents, he added.
Yesterday, indefinite curfew was clamped after police lathicharged protesters, who were holding a road blockade demanding improvement in communication facilities to the place.
The agitators, comprising 25 organisations like CPI(M), AASU, AAMSU, DYFI, Ranagpara Chambers of Commerce and Rangapara Development Circle, were protesting against non- repair of the Misamari-Balipara road.
The indefinite road blockade had started from July 19 and it has almost paralysed life in Rangapara town.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state