Assam: Minor girls rescued from being trafficked
Guwahati: Four minor girls were Tuesday rescued from a trafficker at Dharamtul railway station in Morigaon district here, railway police said.
The Government Railway Police rescued four girls, aged between 12 and 15 years, who had been brought in a train by a trafficker from Kokrajhar.
However, the accused managed to flee from the spot, they said.
Onlookers at the station had got suspicious after seeing the girls with the trafficker and informed railway police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!