Assam: Minor girls rescued from being trafficked
Guwahati: Four minor girls were Tuesday rescued from a trafficker at Dharamtul railway station in Morigaon district here, railway police said.
The Government Railway Police rescued four girls, aged between 12 and 15 years, who had been brought in a train by a trafficker from Kokrajhar.
However, the accused managed to flee from the spot, they said.
Onlookers at the station had got suspicious after seeing the girls with the trafficker and informed railway police.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India