Assam: Minor girls rescued from being trafficked
Guwahati: Four minor girls were Tuesday rescued from a trafficker at Dharamtul railway station in Morigaon district here, railway police said.
The Government Railway Police rescued four girls, aged between 12 and 15 years, who had been brought in a train by a trafficker from Kokrajhar.
However, the accused managed to flee from the spot, they said.
Onlookers at the station had got suspicious after seeing the girls with the trafficker and informed railway police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video