Assam: One killed, two injured in police firing, bombs recovered
Mangaldoi: One person was killed
and two others injured in police firing while two powerful
bombs have been recovered from Kalaigaon in Assam`s Darrang
district on Tuesday, official sources said.
A group of unidentified miscreants vandalised several
shops at Dollong Ghat area under Kalaigaon police station and
the protesting local people gathered in front of the shops
early this morning.
The people got agitated when the police arrived late
and an argument followed and when the police started to leave
after completing the investigations, the people chased them
and started pelting stones.
The police subsequently opened fire to disperse the
crowd and the bullets injured three persons seriously with one
of them, identified as 17-years old Pankaj Deka, succumbing to
his injuries at the Mangaldoi Civil Hospital.
The situation was tense but under control, the sources
Meanwhile, two powerful bombs have been recovered from
a house near Kalaigaon College this morning, the sources said.
The owner of the house, Bimala Boro, spotted the bombs
kept near the verandah and immediately informed patrolling
army personnel nearby.
The bombs were later defused, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says