Assam: One killed, two injured in police firing, bombs recovered
Mangaldoi: One person was killed
and two others injured in police firing while two powerful
bombs have been recovered from Kalaigaon in Assam`s Darrang
district on Tuesday, official sources said.
A group of unidentified miscreants vandalised several
shops at Dollong Ghat area under Kalaigaon police station and
the protesting local people gathered in front of the shops
early this morning.
The people got agitated when the police arrived late
and an argument followed and when the police started to leave
after completing the investigations, the people chased them
and started pelting stones.
The police subsequently opened fire to disperse the
crowd and the bullets injured three persons seriously with one
of them, identified as 17-years old Pankaj Deka, succumbing to
his injuries at the Mangaldoi Civil Hospital.
The situation was tense but under control, the sources
Meanwhile, two powerful bombs have been recovered from
a house near Kalaigaon College this morning, the sources said.
The owner of the house, Bimala Boro, spotted the bombs
kept near the verandah and immediately informed patrolling
army personnel nearby.
The bombs were later defused, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble