Assam: One killed, two injured in police firing, bombs recovered
Mangaldoi: One person was killed
and two others injured in police firing while two powerful
bombs have been recovered from Kalaigaon in Assam`s Darrang
district on Tuesday, official sources said.
A group of unidentified miscreants vandalised several
shops at Dollong Ghat area under Kalaigaon police station and
the protesting local people gathered in front of the shops
early this morning.
The people got agitated when the police arrived late
and an argument followed and when the police started to leave
after completing the investigations, the people chased them
and started pelting stones.
The police subsequently opened fire to disperse the
crowd and the bullets injured three persons seriously with one
of them, identified as 17-years old Pankaj Deka, succumbing to
his injuries at the Mangaldoi Civil Hospital.
The situation was tense but under control, the sources
Meanwhile, two powerful bombs have been recovered from
a house near Kalaigaon College this morning, the sources said.
The owner of the house, Bimala Boro, spotted the bombs
kept near the verandah and immediately informed patrolling
army personnel nearby.
The bombs were later defused, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- It's time for Muslims to rise and protest against some Hindutva forces: Azam Khan
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi