Assam: Rhinoceros rescued from swamp
Golaghat: Forest officials recently rescued a rhinoceros that was stuck in a swamp, after it strayed out of the Kaziranga National Park here.
The rhino was stuck for close to 10 hours before forest officials rescued it on Saturday in Golaghat district of the state.
Earlier this week, poachers attacked two rhinoceroses after they too had strayed out of the boundaries of the reserve, which is inundated by floods.
Two-thirds of the world`s famed one-horned rhinoceroses live at the Kaziranga National Park.
Some animals including rhinoceroses, elephants and buffaloes have been forced out of the boundaries of the park to nearby hills.
Floods and landslides caused by relentless rain have killed at least 33 people and displaced more than a million over the past week in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III