Assam: Rhinoceros rescued from swamp
Golaghat: Forest officials recently rescued a rhinoceros that was stuck in a swamp, after it strayed out of the Kaziranga National Park here.
The rhino was stuck for close to 10 hours before forest officials rescued it on Saturday in Golaghat district of the state.
Earlier this week, poachers attacked two rhinoceroses after they too had strayed out of the boundaries of the reserve, which is inundated by floods.
Two-thirds of the world`s famed one-horned rhinoceroses live at the Kaziranga National Park.
Some animals including rhinoceroses, elephants and buffaloes have been forced out of the boundaries of the park to nearby hills.
Floods and landslides caused by relentless rain have killed at least 33 people and displaced more than a million over the past week in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown