Assam: Rhinoceros rescued from swamp
Golaghat: Forest officials recently rescued a rhinoceros that was stuck in a swamp, after it strayed out of the Kaziranga National Park here.
The rhino was stuck for close to 10 hours before forest officials rescued it on Saturday in Golaghat district of the state.
Earlier this week, poachers attacked two rhinoceroses after they too had strayed out of the boundaries of the reserve, which is inundated by floods.
Two-thirds of the world`s famed one-horned rhinoceroses live at the Kaziranga National Park.
Some animals including rhinoceroses, elephants and buffaloes have been forced out of the boundaries of the park to nearby hills.
Floods and landslides caused by relentless rain have killed at least 33 people and displaced more than a million over the past week in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir