Assam: Rhinoceros rescued from swamp
Golaghat: Forest officials recently rescued a rhinoceros that was stuck in a swamp, after it strayed out of the Kaziranga National Park here.
The rhino was stuck for close to 10 hours before forest officials rescued it on Saturday in Golaghat district of the state.
Earlier this week, poachers attacked two rhinoceroses after they too had strayed out of the boundaries of the reserve, which is inundated by floods.
Two-thirds of the world`s famed one-horned rhinoceroses live at the Kaziranga National Park.
Some animals including rhinoceroses, elephants and buffaloes have been forced out of the boundaries of the park to nearby hills.
Floods and landslides caused by relentless rain have killed at least 33 people and displaced more than a million over the past week in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you