Assam taking steps towards all-round development:
Guwahati: The state government has taken measures for all-round economic development of Assam and its multi-pronged strategy against militant groups and peace overtures have led to signing of an MoS with both factions of the Dima Hasao Daogah, Governor J B Patnaik said Monday.
Addressing the House on the opening day of its budget session here, Patnaik said the Gross State Domestic product was rising with a steady upward trend during the last few years with increase in revenue generation in the field of sales tax, excise and royalty on mineral resources.
Stating the financial turnaround of the state during the last few years was significant with its condition being "healthy and stable", he said, "our government has been able to create adequate fiscal space for undertaking many innovative schemes and projects for all round development of the state".
The per capita debt was Rs 9,355 as on March 31, 2012, being the fourth lowest in the country and lowest among the Special Category States, the Governor said.
With the government giving top most priority for economic uplift of small and marginal farmers, he said during 2012-13 the state is anticipated to achieve 7.5 per cent agricultural growth with the production of 55 lakh MT rice and 56 lakh MT food grains during the year.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive