Assam wants interlocutor for peace talks with NDFB
Guwahati: Assam government on Thursday asked the Centre to appoint an interlocutor for peace talks with the anti-talk faction of National Democratic Front of Bodoland (NDFB) led by its jailed chairman Ranjan Daimary.
"The Home Minister paid due attention to our request as it was made in the light of the interest showed by Daimary to come to the negotiating table," Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi said after meeting Union Home Minister P Chidambaram here.
During a brief stopover at the Lokapriya Gopinath Bordoloi International Airport on his way from Imphal to New Delhi, Chidambaram reviewed the law and order situation at a high-level meeting with the Chief Minister and top officials.
Gogoi said he had urged the Home Minister to send more security forces to the state and also discussed the talks process initiated with the United People Democratic Solidarity (UPDS) and Black Widow and Nunisa both factions of Dima Halam Daoga.
The current process of upgrading the National Registrar of Citizen and border problems with neighbouring Meghalaya were also raised during the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack