BJP expresses grief over Assam boat tragedy
New Delhi: BJP chief Nitin Gadkari on Tuesday expressed grief over the death of more than 100 people in Assam where a boat capsized in the Brahmaputra river.
"BJP expresses deep regret over the most unfortunate tragedy involving the capsizing of a packed steamer in river Brahmaputra, near Dhubri in Assam. We share the sorrow of the families who have lost their dear ones. We also extend all our support to the administration engaged in relief and rehabilitation to the people who are the victims of this mishap," Gadkari said in a statement.
The accident took place yesterday.
"BJP also urges the government to use all modern technologies and speed up the work of locating those who are still missing and try to save their lives. I personally appeal to the BJP workers and supporters to rush to the help of the affected people in every possible way," Gadkari said.
"We also pray to the almighty for the speedy recovery of those who have suffered injuries and peace to the souls departed," he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav