Boat mishap in Assam; 12 rescued, one missing
Dhubri: One person was missing after a country boat capsized in the Brahmaputra river in Dhubri district of Assam, near the Indo-Bangladesh border on Sunday morning.
Police said 12 other persons who were in the boat have been rescued. The incident happened at Shukh Char near Mankachar, close to the Indo-Bangladesh border.
The boat, on way from Kadamtali to Atund Char, capsized after hitting sand bars at around 10 AM.
The missing person has been identified as Sohrab Ali (75).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire