Boat mishap in Assam; 12 rescued, one missing
Dhubri: One person was missing after a country boat capsized in the Brahmaputra river in Dhubri district of Assam, near the Indo-Bangladesh border on Sunday morning.
Police said 12 other persons who were in the boat have been rescued. The incident happened at Shukh Char near Mankachar, close to the Indo-Bangladesh border.
The boat, on way from Kadamtali to Atund Char, capsized after hitting sand bars at around 10 AM.
The missing person has been identified as Sohrab Ali (75).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack