Body of Assam Rifles jawan recovered
Rangiya: The body of an Assam Rifles jawan was recovered Wednesday from Brahmaputra Mail at Rangiya railway station in Assam.
The body of Dharamvir Singh (45) was noticed by other passengers in the compartment when the train reached Bijni, police said.
The passengers informed the station authorities at Rangiya.
Singh, a native of Sonepat in Haryana, was posted in Manipur.
Police said he was returning from home and had boarded the Delhi-Dibrugarh Brahmaputra Mail on November 28. Though the cause of his death is yet to be ascertained, authorities suspect some ailment.
Rs 2,400 in cash, PAN and identity cards, clothes and some medicines were recovered from his baggage, the police said.
Senior Assam Rifles officials have reached Rangiya.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- IIFA 2016 Fashion Trends: Top 6 looks that nailed it at the green carpet! - View pics
- WATCH: OH MY WORD! Did Xherdan Shaqiri score greatest ever Euro goal?
- Lachipora encounter: Security forces shot dead 2 militants; gunbattle underway
- IIFA 2016: Ranveer Singh gets his fanboy moment with Fawad Khan!
- Accused of 'intimidation', Delhi Deputy CM Sisodia to stage protest march to PM Modi's residence