Body of Assam Rifles jawan recovered
Rangiya: The body of an Assam Rifles jawan was recovered Wednesday from Brahmaputra Mail at Rangiya railway station in Assam.
The body of Dharamvir Singh (45) was noticed by other passengers in the compartment when the train reached Bijni, police said.
The passengers informed the station authorities at Rangiya.
Singh, a native of Sonepat in Haryana, was posted in Manipur.
Police said he was returning from home and had boarded the Delhi-Dibrugarh Brahmaputra Mail on November 28. Though the cause of his death is yet to be ascertained, authorities suspect some ailment.
Rs 2,400 in cash, PAN and identity cards, clothes and some medicines were recovered from his baggage, the police said.
Senior Assam Rifles officials have reached Rangiya.
- Security beefed in Manipur areas after three murders
- Ability to smell food through mouth may decline with age
- Transplantation along highways could be linked to NREGA: Minister
- 8 die of sunstroke as heat wave continues in Odisha
- IPL 2016, Match 23: Chris Morris' 82 off 32 not enough for Delhi; Gujarat win by 1 run