Body of Assam Rifles jawan recovered
Rangiya: The body of an Assam Rifles jawan was recovered Wednesday from Brahmaputra Mail at Rangiya railway station in Assam.
The body of Dharamvir Singh (45) was noticed by other passengers in the compartment when the train reached Bijni, police said.
The passengers informed the station authorities at Rangiya.
Singh, a native of Sonepat in Haryana, was posted in Manipur.
Police said he was returning from home and had boarded the Delhi-Dibrugarh Brahmaputra Mail on November 28. Though the cause of his death is yet to be ascertained, authorities suspect some ailment.
Rs 2,400 in cash, PAN and identity cards, clothes and some medicines were recovered from his baggage, the police said.
Senior Assam Rifles officials have reached Rangiya.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing