Bomb kills two in Assam
Guwahati: Two people were killed when a bomb exploded in a car in Assam`s Dima Hasao district, police said Friday.
Police said the incident took place late Thursday at Sat Kilo area in the hill district.
Police found the damaged car with two burnt bodies Friday morning.
"It appears the two were carrying the bomb to some place when it exploded, killing both," a police officer said. "The victims are yet to be identified."
Meanwhile, police recovered a grenade from near a bus stand in Dhekiajuli town in northern Assam Friday morning.
Police said suspected militants lobbed two grenades at an oil depot in the same town Thursday. One exploded, injuring a boy.
Security forces have warned that militant outfits in Assam, including the anti-talk faction of the United Liberation Front of Asom (ULFA), may carry out terror attacks to mark India`s Republic Day Jan 26.
Twelve militant groups in India`s northeast have called for a general strike Jan 26 and asked people to boycott Republic Day functions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok