BSF chief to visit Indo-Bangla border in Meghalaya
Guwahati: BSF Director General (DG) Utthan Kumar Bansal will on Thursday embark on a two-day visit to the international border in Meghalaya.
BSF sources said this will be the first visit by Bansal to the Meghalaya frontier after he took over as the Director General of the Border Security Force in November 2011.
"The DG is likely to arrive at the BSF headquarters in Shillong Thursday morning and he is expected to visit some portion of the strategic Indo-Bangla border. He will also review the security scenario with top officials of the force on the Meghalaya frontier," said a source adding that the DG will also meet Meghalaya Governor R S Mooshahary, Chief Minister Mukul Sangma and other top bureaucrats of Meghalaya on Friday.
The Meghalaya unit of the BSF looks after the border management of India`s 443 km-long international border with Bangladesh.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know