BSF chief to visit Indo-Bangla border in Meghalaya
Guwahati: BSF Director General (DG) Utthan Kumar Bansal will on Thursday embark on a two-day visit to the international border in Meghalaya.
BSF sources said this will be the first visit by Bansal to the Meghalaya frontier after he took over as the Director General of the Border Security Force in November 2011.
"The DG is likely to arrive at the BSF headquarters in Shillong Thursday morning and he is expected to visit some portion of the strategic Indo-Bangla border. He will also review the security scenario with top officials of the force on the Meghalaya frontier," said a source adding that the DG will also meet Meghalaya Governor R S Mooshahary, Chief Minister Mukul Sangma and other top bureaucrats of Meghalaya on Friday.
The Meghalaya unit of the BSF looks after the border management of India`s 443 km-long international border with Bangladesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi