Consumers Legal Protection Forum supports Anna
Guwahati: Carrying forward Gandhian Anna Hazare`s crusade against corruption, the prominent Consumers Legal Protection Forum (CLPF) here on Thursday sent a letter each to the 800 MPs of both houses of Parliament appealing them to join and support the ongoing movement against corruption.
Even as Anna Hazare gave a call for carrying the protest against corruption at the residences of elected representatives, the Assam-based forum has sent letters to
Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh, who represents Assam in the Rajya Sabha, his cabinet colleagues and all the MPs of both the ruling and opposition parties.
CLPF chief coordinator Ajoy Hazarika, distributed to the media a copy of the letter, which reminded the MPs that "ensuring a corruption-free environment for the voters of your constituency is your prime duty".
"The ongoing nation-wide movement led by veteran Gandhian leader Anna Hazare is a part of this fight against corruption. If you intentionally do not raise your voice against corruption, remember you are answerable to us during the time of election and after being elected," the CLPF letter said.
Appealing the MPs to break free from the shackles of their party barriers and "political ego", the letter urged them to listen to the voice of the people and join the anti-corruption movement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen