Consumers Legal Protection Forum supports Anna
Guwahati: Carrying forward Gandhian Anna Hazare`s crusade against corruption, the prominent Consumers Legal Protection Forum (CLPF) here on Thursday sent a letter each to the 800 MPs of both houses of Parliament appealing them to join and support the ongoing movement against corruption.
Even as Anna Hazare gave a call for carrying the protest against corruption at the residences of elected representatives, the Assam-based forum has sent letters to
Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh, who represents Assam in the Rajya Sabha, his cabinet colleagues and all the MPs of both the ruling and opposition parties.
CLPF chief coordinator Ajoy Hazarika, distributed to the media a copy of the letter, which reminded the MPs that "ensuring a corruption-free environment for the voters of your constituency is your prime duty".
"The ongoing nation-wide movement led by veteran Gandhian leader Anna Hazare is a part of this fight against corruption. If you intentionally do not raise your voice against corruption, remember you are answerable to us during the time of election and after being elected," the CLPF letter said.
Appealing the MPs to break free from the shackles of their party barriers and "political ego", the letter urged them to listen to the voice of the people and join the anti-corruption movement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?