Demand for CBI probe into Pritam`s abduction and killing
Karimganj: A local forum on Tuesday demanded a CBI probe into the abduction and murder of PhD scholar from Assam Pritam Bhattacharjee in Bihar last year.
The forum - `Justice for Pritam` quoting information received from IG Railway Police, Bihar, Binoy Kumar, told reporters at Silchar that investigations have brought forth fresh information on Pritam`s killing.
Forum spokesman Somyadeep Roy Chowdhury, a friend of Pritam, quoting the report said the arrest of a person called Chotu Sahani by Bihar police had led to the arrest of three others for being allegedly involved in the crime.
The three - Rajesh Mandal, Balmiki Razzak and Chandan Kumar Saha had boarded the same compartment in which Pritam was travelling on July 9, 2012.
As the train was entering Naugachia station, Chandan suddenly snatched Pritam`s bag and leapt from the train on to the second platform of the station, according to the report.
Pritam too disembarked at the station to chase them and met the snatcher`s close aide Bijoy Mandal who pretended to help him.
Thereafter, two other aides of the miscreants - Chotu Sahani and Nepali Singha kidnapped Pritam and took him to Makkhatakia village by a car.
They brought him near Kataria over bridge five days later and killed him, the report said adding Nepali Singha had admitted during police interrogation that he had killed the youth.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery
- BSF guns down 2 Pakistani, 2 Indian drug smugglers near border in Punjab