Elephant electrocuted in Assam
Guwahati: An adult female elephant was electrocuted in Assam`s Sonitpur district in the wee hours Wednesday, official sources said.
The tusker died on the spot when it came in contact with a fallen high voltage electric wire at Mising village in Bordikrait area, the sources said.
On seeing the body of the pachyderm, the local people informed forest and police officials, they said.
Locals claimed that the Assam State Electricity Board authorities had been earlier informed about the snapped high tension wire but no action was taken.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security