Elephant electrocuted in Assam

Last Updated: Wednesday, October 9, 2013 - 14:17

Guwahati: An adult female elephant was electrocuted in Assam`s Sonitpur district in the wee hours Wednesday, official sources said.

The tusker died on the spot when it came in contact with a fallen high voltage electric wire at Mising village in Bordikrait area, the sources said.

On seeing the body of the pachyderm, the local people informed forest and police officials, they said.
Locals claimed that the Assam State Electricity Board authorities had been earlier informed about the snapped high tension wire but no action was taken.

PTI

PTI

First Published: Wednesday, October 9, 2013 - 14:17

More from zeenews

 
comments powered by Disqus