Gogoi agrees on peace talks with NDFB
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi
on Saturday agreed to Bodo National Conference(BNC) request to allow
it to bring NDFB anti-talk Daimary faction to the negotiation
table and assured to extend cooperation in this connection.
"We have asked the Daimary group to participate in the
peace talks with the government and we have received some
indication from them that they are in favour of parleys,"
Gogoi said at a meeting with BNC president and Bodoland
Territorial Council(BTC) chief Hagrama Mohilary, official
Mohilary heading a delegation met Gogoi here today and
also urged him to hold talks with both factions of National
Democratic Front of Bodoland (NDFB) and take measures for
initiating political talks with pro-talk ceasefire group of
Gobinda Basumatary, the sources said.
The chief minister expressed happiness over BNC`s
initiative for talks with both factions of NDFB and said
political talks will start with the pro-talk faction and the
steps taken in this connection will be examined by the
"As the Conference and social organisations have taken
the initiative for the parleys, the talks process will
commence successfully ... All possible steps for talks will be
taken by the government," Gogoi said.
The chief minister said ULFA `c-in-c` Paresh Baruah had
also been invited for peace talks and that the doors are
`open from our side`.
Both the state and central governments want to hold
talks with all insurgent outfits to solve their problems, he
said at the meeting, which was also attended by principal
secretary T Y Das, home commissioner Jishnu Barua and
Additional Director General of Police Khagen Sarma.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- Cleanliness an issue at railway stations, needs to be addressed: CAG
- Bhagwant Mann video exposed whole security system of Parliament, finds Lok Sabha probe panel
- BCCI line-up special General Meeting in Mumbai on August 5 to discuss Lodha recommendations
- Woman Rahul Gandhi hugged in Una was not related to any victim, has criminal record
- Tributes paid to Kargil martyr in Nagland