Gogoi requests Manjhi for free treatment of Rajdhani victims
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi Wednesday requested his Bihar counterpart Jitan Ram Manjhi to provide free medical treatment to injured passengers of the Delhi-Dibrugarh Rajdhani Express that derailed in Bihar.
He also urged the central government to increase the ex-gratia from Rs.2 lakh to Rs.5 lakh for the families of the five passengers who were killed in the accident.
At least five people were killed and 13 injured when all 12 coaches and the engine of the train derailed early Wednesday.
Gogoi made the request during a telephonic conversation with Manjhi Wednesday morning, officials said.
Besides, Gogoi directed Deputy Inspector General of Police (Western Range) Surendra Kumar to immediately visit the accident site in Bihar and oversee relief operations.
The Northeast Frontier Railway diverted at least six trains in view of the derailment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested