Gogoi should take immediate action against BPF: AIUDF
Bhangarpar (Assam): Principal opposition party in Assam AIUDF today said Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi should act immediately against Congress ally BPF in the wake of the recent violence if his intentions are true.
The statement by All India United Democratic Front came after Gogoi said he will not take even five minutes to severe Congress` alliance with Bodoland People`s Front (BPF) if its alleged involvement in the killing in Bodoland Territorial Area Districts is proved.
"If the CM has true intentions, then he will see the BPF`s role in the killings of Muslims and will act against them," AIUDF chief Badruddin Ajmal said while addressing a gathering here at a relief camp for the victims of the May 2 violence that left 41 people dead.
"We are clearly saying that BPF is involved in these murders either directly or indirectly. Victims have named former BLT cadres, who are now in BPF. Why are they not arrested yet?" Ajmal asked.
BPF has denied the allegations of involvement in the killings.
Ajmal appealed the public not to react to any provocation and requested them to continue their daily work.
"This is not the first and last attack on us. We are peaceful people. We all have to die one day, but nobody wants death in the hands of some brutal killers," he added.
AIUDF MLA in Assam Assembly Rahim Khan demanded arrest of BPF chief Hagrama Mohilary and other leaders Chandan Brahma, who is also the state Transport Minister, and Promila Rani Brahma.
"People named the forest guards and a Ranger, who were earlier BLT cadres. They were just picked up for interrogation but no arrest has been made. In fact, the Ranger was freed later," he added.
Ajmal announced a total of Rs. 1.5 lakh each to the affected families from AIUDF and Assam Jamiat.
"Ajmal Foundation will take care of the orphans who lost their parents in the massacre," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APICET 2016 Results: (apicet.net.in) AP ICET Result 2016, AP Integrated Common Entrance Test Results to be declared today on May 27 at 9 AM
- CHSE Odisha Plus Two (Class 12) Exam Results 2016 is likely to be declared today anytime soon - Check orissaresults.nic.in and chseodisha.nic.in
- Trump would approve oil pipeline project blocked by Obama on green concerns
- Deep-water search for EgyptAir black boxes to start soon
- Britain plans to send warship to fight smuggling of people, arms off Libya: Cameron