Golaghat curfew relaxed for 2 more hours
Golaghat: Curfew in Assam`s violence-hit Golaghat district was relaxed for further two hours till 8 pm on Saturday with no fresh incident reported so far, a district administration spokesman said.
The prohibitory order imposed on April 20 was relaxed by the district administration for 14 hours from 6 am while it was 12 hours yesterday.
Night curfew from 8 pm to 6 am will, however, continue to be in force, the spokesman said.
No untoward incident was reported so far and the situation was "under control", he said.
Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi yesterday announced that the state government would entrust the case to the CBI for a thorough probe into the recent happenings along the Assam-Nagaland border in the wake of kidnapping of two youths allegedly by Naga miscreants on June 26 and its aftermath.
Gogoi also said the state government would provide adequate compensation and rehabilitate the people displaced by the recent violence along the border claiming nine lives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- Bihar polls: Alert sounded ahead of PM Modi's rallies in Bihar
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook