Grenade thrown at police station
Guwahati: Ahead of Republic Day suspected ULFA militants threw a hand grenade at a police station in upper Assam`s Tinsukia district this evening.
However, the grenade did not explode as the pin was not removed, the police said adding it was thrown at Kakapathar police station at around 6.40 pm.
The grenade was recovered and the police have launched a search to nab those responsible for throwing the grenades.
ULFA along with other north east militant outfits have called a boycot of the Republic Day celebrations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP