Grenade thrown at police station
Guwahati: Ahead of Republic Day suspected ULFA militants threw a hand grenade at a police station in upper Assam`s Tinsukia district this evening.
However, the grenade did not explode as the pin was not removed, the police said adding it was thrown at Kakapathar police station at around 6.40 pm.
The grenade was recovered and the police have launched a search to nab those responsible for throwing the grenades.
ULFA along with other north east militant outfits have called a boycot of the Republic Day celebrations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday