Grenade thrown at police station
Guwahati: Ahead of Republic Day suspected ULFA militants threw a hand grenade at a police station in upper Assam`s Tinsukia district this evening.
However, the grenade did not explode as the pin was not removed, the police said adding it was thrown at Kakapathar police station at around 6.40 pm.
The grenade was recovered and the police have launched a search to nab those responsible for throwing the grenades.
ULFA along with other north east militant outfits have called a boycot of the Republic Day celebrations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’