Grenade thrown at police station
Guwahati: Ahead of Republic Day suspected ULFA militants threw a hand grenade at a police station in upper Assam`s Tinsukia district this evening.
However, the grenade did not explode as the pin was not removed, the police said adding it was thrown at Kakapathar police station at around 6.40 pm.
The grenade was recovered and the police have launched a search to nab those responsible for throwing the grenades.
ULFA along with other north east militant outfits have called a boycot of the Republic Day celebrations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH