Grenade thrown at police station
Guwahati: Ahead of Republic Day suspected ULFA militants threw a hand grenade at a police station in upper Assam`s Tinsukia district this evening.
However, the grenade did not explode as the pin was not removed, the police said adding it was thrown at Kakapathar police station at around 6.40 pm.
The grenade was recovered and the police have launched a search to nab those responsible for throwing the grenades.
ULFA along with other north east militant outfits have called a boycot of the Republic Day celebrations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed