Hardcore ULFA militant surrenders in Assam
Jorhat (Assam): A hardcore ULFA militant today surrendered with arms and ammunition before the police in Assam`s Jorhat district.
Myanmar-trained Jagat Bhuyan alias Madan surrendered before Jorhat Superintendent of Police Sanjukta Parashar and deposited a M-20 rifle, seven rounds of ammunition and two Chinese made bottle grenades, an official said.
Bhuyan, who hails from Balichapori in Majuli island, told reporters that he decided to surrender as his father was very ill and was also disillusioned with the outfit.
He had joined the outfit in 2009, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday