Incessant rains: Death toll reaches 11 in Guwahati
Guwahati: The toll due to floods in Assam`s state capital rose to 11 on Saturday when one person was electrocuted even as the torrential rains ceased.
Mustak Khan, a resident of Bihar, was electrocuted in the Narengi Road area, police said.
The body of an unidentified young man was recovered from a drain in the Bhetapatra area, they said.
The body of 18-year-old Bibek who fell into the river Bharalu in Anil Nagar area and was swept away yesterday was also found, they said.
At least eight persons died from electrocution and in landslides Yesterday.
Though there was no rain since last night, a landslide was took place at Kharghuli area with a portion of a road falling on a number of houses below, they said.
There was no casualty in the landslide.
Though, the water flowed out, many areas in worst-hit Anil Nagar, Tarun Nagar, Dispur, Rajgarh, Zoo Road, GS Road, GNB Road and Bhagagarh continued to be under waist to ankle deep water, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional