Incessant rains: Death toll reaches 11 in Guwahati
Guwahati: The toll due to floods in Assam`s state capital rose to 11 on Saturday when one person was electrocuted even as the torrential rains ceased.
Mustak Khan, a resident of Bihar, was electrocuted in the Narengi Road area, police said.
The body of an unidentified young man was recovered from a drain in the Bhetapatra area, they said.
The body of 18-year-old Bibek who fell into the river Bharalu in Anil Nagar area and was swept away yesterday was also found, they said.
At least eight persons died from electrocution and in landslides Yesterday.
Though there was no rain since last night, a landslide was took place at Kharghuli area with a portion of a road falling on a number of houses below, they said.
There was no casualty in the landslide.
Though, the water flowed out, many areas in worst-hit Anil Nagar, Tarun Nagar, Dispur, Rajgarh, Zoo Road, GS Road, GNB Road and Bhagagarh continued to be under waist to ankle deep water, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'