Litterateur Indira Goswami`s condition critical
Guwahati: Jnanpith award winning
Assamese litterateur Indira (Mamoni) Raisom Goswami`s
condition on Saturday turned `very critical` and was put on
"Goswami`s condition has been very critical and she
was put on 80 per cent ventilator support since this evening,"
Assam Health Minister Dr Himanta Biswa Sarmah told reporters
after visiting her at the hospital.
Goswami, who has been undergoing treatment at Guwahati
Medical College and Hospital, was shifted to Intensive Care
Unit on Wednesday and her condition worsened further after she
suffered a brain haemorrage today, doctors said.
Her blood pressure has also fallen considerably,
Goswami was admitted to GMCH on February 12 after she
went into coma following severe lung infection caused by
multi-lateral pnuemonia and was later shifted to a super
speciality hospital in Gurgaon.
She was shifted back to GMCH in July after her
condition improved marginally though she continued to be in a
state of unconsciousness.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands