Litterateur Indira Goswami`s condition critical
Guwahati: Jnanpith award winning
Assamese litterateur Indira (Mamoni) Raisom Goswami`s
condition on Saturday turned `very critical` and was put on
"Goswami`s condition has been very critical and she
was put on 80 per cent ventilator support since this evening,"
Assam Health Minister Dr Himanta Biswa Sarmah told reporters
after visiting her at the hospital.
Goswami, who has been undergoing treatment at Guwahati
Medical College and Hospital, was shifted to Intensive Care
Unit on Wednesday and her condition worsened further after she
suffered a brain haemorrage today, doctors said.
Her blood pressure has also fallen considerably,
Goswami was admitted to GMCH on February 12 after she
went into coma following severe lung infection caused by
multi-lateral pnuemonia and was later shifted to a super
speciality hospital in Gurgaon.
She was shifted back to GMCH in July after her
condition improved marginally though she continued to be in a
state of unconsciousness.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen