Litterateur Indira Goswami`s condition critical
Guwahati: Jnanpith award winning
Assamese litterateur Indira (Mamoni) Raisom Goswami`s
condition on Saturday turned `very critical` and was put on
"Goswami`s condition has been very critical and she
was put on 80 per cent ventilator support since this evening,"
Assam Health Minister Dr Himanta Biswa Sarmah told reporters
after visiting her at the hospital.
Goswami, who has been undergoing treatment at Guwahati
Medical College and Hospital, was shifted to Intensive Care
Unit on Wednesday and her condition worsened further after she
suffered a brain haemorrage today, doctors said.
Her blood pressure has also fallen considerably,
Goswami was admitted to GMCH on February 12 after she
went into coma following severe lung infection caused by
multi-lateral pnuemonia and was later shifted to a super
speciality hospital in Gurgaon.
She was shifted back to GMCH in July after her
condition improved marginally though she continued to be in a
state of unconsciousness.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Curfew, restrictions continue in Kashmir Valley for 51st day
- Is Ramdev coming up with world-class varsity near Delhi like University of Houston?
- Pakistan has started behaving like an enemy: JD(U)
- Donald Trump links death of NBA star's cousin to black vote
- Watch: Sushant Singh Rajput spills romance in 'Kaun Tujhe' from 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'