Litterateur Indira Goswami`s condition critical
Guwahati: Jnanpith award winning
Assamese litterateur Indira (Mamoni) Raisom Goswami`s
condition on Saturday turned `very critical` and was put on
"Goswami`s condition has been very critical and she
was put on 80 per cent ventilator support since this evening,"
Assam Health Minister Dr Himanta Biswa Sarmah told reporters
after visiting her at the hospital.
Goswami, who has been undergoing treatment at Guwahati
Medical College and Hospital, was shifted to Intensive Care
Unit on Wednesday and her condition worsened further after she
suffered a brain haemorrage today, doctors said.
Her blood pressure has also fallen considerably,
Goswami was admitted to GMCH on February 12 after she
went into coma following severe lung infection caused by
multi-lateral pnuemonia and was later shifted to a super
speciality hospital in Gurgaon.
She was shifted back to GMCH in July after her
condition improved marginally though she continued to be in a
state of unconsciousness.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP