Man beheaded, killer walks with severed head to su
Lakhimpur (Assam): A man was beheaded by another person, who walked with the severed head for a kilometre before surrendering to the police in Assam`s Lakhimpur district on Wednesday, police said.
Nikodin Tiru of Dolohat tea estate killed Salu, who was a traditional medicine practitioner and beheaded him with an axe at Phulbari No:1 Sarang village.
Tiru then took the severed head and walked with it to Dolohat police outpost where he surrendered.
Tiru claimed during interrogation that he was suffering from mental problems and had approached Salu in November last to cure him but there was no improvement in his condition.
He further alleged that Salu was planning to take away his land and other property following which he had killed him in a fit of rage, the police said.
Tiru has been arrested and further investigations were on, the police said.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- India deeply appreciates US' engagement in Asia-Pacific: Ashton Carter
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi had admitted to meeting middleman Haschke
- F-16 fighter jets sold to Pakistan could be used against India: US lawmakers
- Fee hike: Schools will not budge with dharnas, submit a written complaint, Manish Sisodia tells parents
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative