Man beheaded, killer walks with severed head to su
Lakhimpur (Assam): A man was beheaded by another person, who walked with the severed head for a kilometre before surrendering to the police in Assam`s Lakhimpur district on Wednesday, police said.
Nikodin Tiru of Dolohat tea estate killed Salu, who was a traditional medicine practitioner and beheaded him with an axe at Phulbari No:1 Sarang village.
Tiru then took the severed head and walked with it to Dolohat police outpost where he surrendered.
Tiru claimed during interrogation that he was suffering from mental problems and had approached Salu in November last to cure him but there was no improvement in his condition.
He further alleged that Salu was planning to take away his land and other property following which he had killed him in a fit of rage, the police said.
Tiru has been arrested and further investigations were on, the police said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan