ONGC Assam Asset launches Project Agni
Guwahati: `Project Agni`, a fire safety campaign, has been launched by ONGC Assam Asset to sensitize people living in and around oil-field areas in the state. This is the largest-ever campaign launched in Upper Assam by ONGC Assam Asset to create awareness on fire safety among people to ensure proper management of their health, safety and environment.
"Project Agni will go a long way in sensitising awareness on fire safety among the oil-field people, who are our partners in progress," ED-Asset Manager of ONGC Assam Asset Bimal Kumar Baruah said.
Fire Services, a major component of safety, has been asked to undertake not only safety precautionary measures in and around installations but also safety of the people living in the vicinity, he said.
In addition to its main objective of sensitizing villagers about various do`s and don`ts regarding outbreak of fire, the campaign also aims at safety of ONGC pipeline with the cooperation of the local people.
The campaign also aimed at sensitising the women on how to deal with fire and precautions required to take since they are more prone to household fire accidents, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing