No conscience vote for Sangma in Assam: Gogoi
Guwahati: There is no scope for conscience votes in Assam for the July 19 presidential polls and 111 of the total 126 MLAs in the state assembly would vote for UPA nominee Pranab Mukherjee, Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi said Tuesday.
"The theory of conscience votes being referred to by opposition BJP candidate P A Sangma does not hold water. Everyone is going to vote on party line," he said.
Of the 111 MLAs who will vote for Mukherjee, Congress accounts for 78, All India United Democratic Front 18, Bodo Peoples Forum 12, Trinamool Congress 1 and independent 2, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'