No differences in Assam cabinet: Digvijay
Guwahati: AICC General Secretary Digvijay Singh on Friday denied reports of rift between Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi and a senior minister over the recent ethnic riots in the state and said it was a media concoction.
"There is no rift in the state cabinet as reported in the media. It is all created by the media...There is no (no) truth in it", Singh said when asked to comments on local newspaper reports that there was rift between Gogoi and a senior minister.
After visiting the strife torn areas, Singh told reporters here "we should come together and usher peace in the BTAD area. Relief and resettlement is the need of the hour."
"I appeal to all political groups to bury their differences and work together in this time of crisis. I feel that peace committees have to be formed and security pickets have been posted in vulnerable areas", he said.
Admitting there was some delay in deployment of army in the affected areas, the AICC leader said on July 20 they were in position.
Singh said UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi and union home minister Sishil Kumar Shinde would visit the area on Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj