Situation returning to normalcy in Assam, night curfew on in Golaghat
Guwahati: The situation in the troubled Golaghat district is returning to normalcy with many people going back to their homes but night curfew would remain in force.
"Following enhanced security measures in the affected areas, about 3,400 inmates have already gone back to their villages," a release from Chief Minister`s office said on Sunday.
"The situation in the violence-hit Golaghat district is fast returning to normalcy with no untoward incident reported from any place since August 20... The district administration has been providing relief to camp inmates," the release said.
The district administration, however, decided to continue the night curfew from 9 pm to 6 am to avoid any untoward situation, an official spokesperson said.
On August 12, nine persons were killed in firing and arson at Uriamghat area by miscreants from Nagaland along the inter-state border. Over 200 houses were set ablaze and around 10,000 people fled their homes and took shelter in 12 relief camps set up by the authority.
The district administration has completed the damage assessment of 16 affected villages, it added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India