Three persons injured in Dhubri incidents
Guwahati: At least three persons were injured in a clash between two communities in lower Assam`s Dhubri district, police said Friday.
"Three persons were injured last night after a clash between two communities during the immersion of idols after the Durga puja celebration", IGP (law and order) A P Rout said.
The situation was now under control and eight people arrested, he said.
"There is no communal tension and the situation is totally under control. Rumours of communal tension are baseless", the IGP said.
Trouble was brewing in Dhubri since Wednesday when protesters clashed with the police during a bandh called by Dhubri Sarvajanik Durga Puja Sammanway Samiti against the stabbing of a puja mandap decorator on Tuesday.
The administration`s alleged failure to nab the culprits responsible for the attack saw protesters clashing with police, who fired eight rounds in the air to disperse them on Wednesday.
A two-hour curfew was imposed on that day which was lifted at 5 AM yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption