Three persons injured in Dhubri incidents
Guwahati: At least three persons were injured in a clash between two communities in lower Assam`s Dhubri district, police said Friday.
"Three persons were injured last night after a clash between two communities during the immersion of idols after the Durga puja celebration", IGP (law and order) A P Rout said.
The situation was now under control and eight people arrested, he said.
"There is no communal tension and the situation is totally under control. Rumours of communal tension are baseless", the IGP said.
Trouble was brewing in Dhubri since Wednesday when protesters clashed with the police during a bandh called by Dhubri Sarvajanik Durga Puja Sammanway Samiti against the stabbing of a puja mandap decorator on Tuesday.
The administration`s alleged failure to nab the culprits responsible for the attack saw protesters clashing with police, who fired eight rounds in the air to disperse them on Wednesday.
A two-hour curfew was imposed on that day which was lifted at 5 AM yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Planning parenthood through surrogacy? Things you need to know
- When Muslim men chanted `Hindustan Zindabad`, `Pakistan Murdabad` slogans on Hyderabad roads – Watch
- US warns EU ahead of Apple tax evasion ruling
- Facebook, Twitter, Google failed to tackle terrorism: Panel
- Conversion of forest land the reason behind weakening of monsoon: Research