Three persons injured in Dhubri incidents
Guwahati: At least three persons were injured in a clash between two communities in lower Assam`s Dhubri district, police said Friday.
"Three persons were injured last night after a clash between two communities during the immersion of idols after the Durga puja celebration", IGP (law and order) A P Rout said.
The situation was now under control and eight people arrested, he said.
"There is no communal tension and the situation is totally under control. Rumours of communal tension are baseless", the IGP said.
Trouble was brewing in Dhubri since Wednesday when protesters clashed with the police during a bandh called by Dhubri Sarvajanik Durga Puja Sammanway Samiti against the stabbing of a puja mandap decorator on Tuesday.
The administration`s alleged failure to nab the culprits responsible for the attack saw protesters clashing with police, who fired eight rounds in the air to disperse them on Wednesday.
A two-hour curfew was imposed on that day which was lifted at 5 AM yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- UEFA Euro 2016, quarterfinal: Poland vs Portugal - Preview
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet all set to clear final recommendations on salary hike today
- Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' sans songs? Details inside
- Priyanka Chopra spills the beans about Deepika Padukone’s next Hollywood venture!
- Monsoon to reach Delhi by end of June, says Met department