Three persons injured in Dhubri incidents
Guwahati: At least three persons were injured in a clash between two communities in lower Assam`s Dhubri district, police said Friday.
"Three persons were injured last night after a clash between two communities during the immersion of idols after the Durga puja celebration", IGP (law and order) A P Rout said.
The situation was now under control and eight people arrested, he said.
"There is no communal tension and the situation is totally under control. Rumours of communal tension are baseless", the IGP said.
Trouble was brewing in Dhubri since Wednesday when protesters clashed with the police during a bandh called by Dhubri Sarvajanik Durga Puja Sammanway Samiti against the stabbing of a puja mandap decorator on Tuesday.
The administration`s alleged failure to nab the culprits responsible for the attack saw protesters clashing with police, who fired eight rounds in the air to disperse them on Wednesday.
A two-hour curfew was imposed on that day which was lifted at 5 AM yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...