Two hardcore NDFB militants nabbed in Assam
Udalguri (Assam): Two hardcore NDFB(R) militants have been apprehended by security forces in Assam`s Udalguri district on Saturday, the police said.
Acting on a tip-off, an army team launched an operation in Sastrapara village under Kalaigaon police station of the district.
Two 9 mm pistol, an US-made grenade, eight mobile handsets along with eight SIM cards, five rounds of ammunition and some documents have been recovered from the possession of the militants.
The apprehended militants have been identified as Dwithwn Boro and Rajani Basumatary, the sources added.
"At the meeting with Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde on January 16, 2013, we placed the demands before him to expedite the dialogue with NDFB (P), to adopt pragmatic and clear cut policy to resolve the demand for Boroland state and to hold the dialogue at the political level instead of wasting time by letting it happen at the bureaucratic level, to resolve the demand once for all", the e-mail said.
"As a result of the meeting with the Home Minister we had the latest round of dialogue in New Delhi on January 31, 2013, under the Chairmanship of (interlocutor) P C Haldar.
"But it seemed to be an exercise to side-track from the issue as the government is handling at an inappropriate level which has no authority to resolve the political issue", he claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'