Two rhino carcasses found in Kaziranga
Jorhat (Assam): Two rhino carcasses were found in Assam`s Kaziranga National Park on Sunday.
Forest officials said the carcasses of mature female rhinos were found at Bagori range. One was found near Hulungpara camp while the other near Borbil camp.
One of the animals is suspected to have been killed by a tiger, while the other got mired in mud and died.
Forest veterinarians have rushed to the spot to conduct the postmortem of the animals, officials added.
The rhino casualty in the park has risen to 72 with these two deaths. A total 25 killed by poachers, 24 due to natural causes and 23 in floods.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day