Two rhino carcasses found in Kaziranga
Jorhat (Assam): Two rhino carcasses were found in Assam`s Kaziranga National Park on Sunday.
Forest officials said the carcasses of mature female rhinos were found at Bagori range. One was found near Hulungpara camp while the other near Borbil camp.
One of the animals is suspected to have been killed by a tiger, while the other got mired in mud and died.
Forest veterinarians have rushed to the spot to conduct the postmortem of the animals, officials added.
The rhino casualty in the park has risen to 72 with these two deaths. A total 25 killed by poachers, 24 due to natural causes and 23 in floods.
- DNA: When will Muslim women get freedom from triple divorce?
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Google Translate turns 10: Five interesting things you want to know about it
- IPL 2016: Rising Pune Supergiants fail yet again as Gujarat Lions continue strong run in maiden season
- AgustaWestland deal: Centre rejects charge that PM Modi struck deal with Italy
- Man wanted in 14 cases arrested after gun-battle in Odisha, 2 injured
- Pakistan playing to gallery in publicising Kashmir issue: Ex-envoy SK Lambah