Two rhino carcasses found in Kaziranga
Jorhat (Assam): Two rhino carcasses were found in Assam`s Kaziranga National Park on Sunday.
Forest officials said the carcasses of mature female rhinos were found at Bagori range. One was found near Hulungpara camp while the other near Borbil camp.
One of the animals is suspected to have been killed by a tiger, while the other got mired in mud and died.
Forest veterinarians have rushed to the spot to conduct the postmortem of the animals, officials added.
The rhino casualty in the park has risen to 72 with these two deaths. A total 25 killed by poachers, 24 due to natural causes and 23 in floods.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state