ULFA cadre killed in Assam
Guwahati: A hard-core member of the ULFA`s anti-talk faction was killed during a gun battle with the Army and the police in lower Assam`s Goalpara district on the Assam-Meghalaya border on Sunday, police said.
Goalpara Superintendent of Police Luis Aind said that an AK-56 rifle, over 100 live bullets, magazines and a hand grenade were recovered from his possession.
"The incident took place at a place called Balbola under Dhupdhara police station in the district. There was specific intelligence that some cadres were hiding at a house. A joint team of police and Army carried out the operation," Aind said, adding that while one cadre was killed, another three to four escaped.
"It is learnt that the slain cadre was involved in the attack on a BSF convoy on March 30," the SP said.
"We have called in some members of the pro-talk faction of the outfit for identification of the body," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash