ULFA cadre killed in Assam
Guwahati: A hard-core member of the ULFA`s anti-talk faction was killed during a gun battle with the Army and the police in lower Assam`s Goalpara district on the Assam-Meghalaya border on Sunday, police said.
Goalpara Superintendent of Police Luis Aind said that an AK-56 rifle, over 100 live bullets, magazines and a hand grenade were recovered from his possession.
"The incident took place at a place called Balbola under Dhupdhara police station in the district. There was specific intelligence that some cadres were hiding at a house. A joint team of police and Army carried out the operation," Aind said, adding that while one cadre was killed, another three to four escaped.
"It is learnt that the slain cadre was involved in the attack on a BSF convoy on March 30," the SP said.
"We have called in some members of the pro-talk faction of the outfit for identification of the body," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed