ULFA claims responsibility for Guwahati blast
Guwahati: The anti-talk faction of ULFA on Sunday claimed responsibility for the Paltan Bazar blast in Guwahati in which a CRPF personnel was killed and 12 others injured on Saturday.
In an email to a news agency, the Paresh Barua-led faction`s publicity wing member Aranya `Asom` said the outfit had officially taken responsibility for the blast.
It, however, regretted that innocent civilians were injured in the explosion.
"To avoid such injuries, we urge the people of Assam to maintain a considerable distance from uniformed persons in the future," the email said in a veiled threat that the outfit would continue with its subversive activities.
Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi, who visited the spot today, said 50 persons had been picked up by the police for interrogation and efforts were on to pin the insurgency group responsible for the blast.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends