ULFA claims responsibility for Guwahati blast
Guwahati: The anti-talk faction of ULFA on Sunday claimed responsibility for the Paltan Bazar blast in Guwahati in which a CRPF personnel was killed and 12 others injured on Saturday.
In an email to a news agency, the Paresh Barua-led faction`s publicity wing member Aranya `Asom` said the outfit had officially taken responsibility for the blast.
It, however, regretted that innocent civilians were injured in the explosion.
"To avoid such injuries, we urge the people of Assam to maintain a considerable distance from uniformed persons in the future," the email said in a veiled threat that the outfit would continue with its subversive activities.
Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi, who visited the spot today, said 50 persons had been picked up by the police for interrogation and efforts were on to pin the insurgency group responsible for the blast.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- RSS defamation case: Supreme Court to hear Rahul Gandhi's appeal
- Xiaomi Redmi 3S, 3S Prime to go on sale today
- Sakshi Malik arrives to rousing reception, felicitated by Haryana government
- Trump slams Clinton for `Third World`- style corruption
- On being No. 1 in Tests: We need to do a lot to maintain it, says Pakistan skipper Misbah-ul-Haq