ULFA(I) denies involvement in Dibrugarh bomb blast
Guwahati: The ULFA(Independent) on Wednesday denied its involvement in the bomb blast in Dibrugarh town in which a girl was killed and nine others injured.
The ULFA(I) in a release e-mailed to a news agency here said that the outfit was in no way associated with the blast and expressed its deep condolences to the family members of the teenage girl killed in the incident.
The outfit`s spokesman Joy Asom alleged that such incidents were "usually the handiwork of security forces who carry out the blasts with the help of some agents who are kept in their custody."
"The acts of violence are carried out by these agents to malign the outfit and they are later made to surrender with the security forces claiming success in weakening the outfit," the release added.
A crude bomb was exploded by suspected militants in the upper Assam town last evening behind the old Railway station in the busy Amolapatty area below an electric pole killing a teenage girl and injuring nine persons, including a woman.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Katrina Kaif’s views on ‘intolerance’ in the country - Here's what the actress said
- Irfan Pathan marries 21-year-old Safa Baig in low-key affair