ULFA(I) denies involvement in Dibrugarh bomb blast
Guwahati: The ULFA(Independent) on Wednesday denied its involvement in the bomb blast in Dibrugarh town in which a girl was killed and nine others injured.
The ULFA(I) in a release e-mailed to a news agency here said that the outfit was in no way associated with the blast and expressed its deep condolences to the family members of the teenage girl killed in the incident.
The outfit`s spokesman Joy Asom alleged that such incidents were "usually the handiwork of security forces who carry out the blasts with the help of some agents who are kept in their custody."
"The acts of violence are carried out by these agents to malign the outfit and they are later made to surrender with the security forces claiming success in weakening the outfit," the release added.
A crude bomb was exploded by suspected militants in the upper Assam town last evening behind the old Railway station in the busy Amolapatty area below an electric pole killing a teenage girl and injuring nine persons, including a woman.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- Preggers Mira Rajput admitted to hospital; hubby Shahid Kapoor's parents hurry to meet bahu!
- 'Spit remark' on PV Sindhu's achievements: Director says fans didn't get his satire, gets TROLLED again
- 2016 Hyundai Elantra: Check out features and specifications
- Institute of Company Secretaries of India Result 2016; Check icsi.edu for ICSI CS Executive Result 2016 declared
- Avoid getting sick this monsoon with these top health tips!