Woman allegedly raped by three brothers-in-law
Jorhat (Assam): A woman was allegedly raped by her three brothers-in law at Murmuria Tea estate in Jorhat district, police said on Saturday.
Based on a complaint lodged at the Cinnamora outpost by the alleged victim`s father, the three brothers identified as Dipak Phulmali (18), Krishna Phulmali (19) and Sujit Phulmali (22) were arrested today, police sources said.
The FIR claimed that the three committed the crime when their elder brother and the woman`s husband was in an inebriated condition in their home at Bahoni labour line of the tea garden last night, the sources said.
A local court has sent the three to Jorhat Central Jail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof