Woman allegedly raped by three brothers-in-law
Jorhat (Assam): A woman was allegedly raped by her three brothers-in law at Murmuria Tea estate in Jorhat district, police said on Saturday.
Based on a complaint lodged at the Cinnamora outpost by the alleged victim`s father, the three brothers identified as Dipak Phulmali (18), Krishna Phulmali (19) and Sujit Phulmali (22) were arrested today, police sources said.
The FIR claimed that the three committed the crime when their elder brother and the woman`s husband was in an inebriated condition in their home at Bahoni labour line of the tea garden last night, the sources said.
A local court has sent the three to Jorhat Central Jail.
- Uttarakhand Speaker rejects disqualification of rebel BJP MLA
- US says Iraq's PM in ''strong position'' amid political unrest
- US Navy chief hopes for `normalization` with Russia in Baltic
- Turkey says Gaziantep attacker linked to IS
- US Presidential polls: Donald Trump looks to smother Ted Cruz as Indiana votes today