Woman allegedly raped by three brothers-in-law
Jorhat (Assam): A woman was allegedly raped by her three brothers-in law at Murmuria Tea estate in Jorhat district, police said on Saturday.
Based on a complaint lodged at the Cinnamora outpost by the alleged victim`s father, the three brothers identified as Dipak Phulmali (18), Krishna Phulmali (19) and Sujit Phulmali (22) were arrested today, police sources said.
The FIR claimed that the three committed the crime when their elder brother and the woman`s husband was in an inebriated condition in their home at Bahoni labour line of the tea garden last night, the sources said.
A local court has sent the three to Jorhat Central Jail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say