Woman allegedly raped by three brothers-in-law
Jorhat (Assam): A woman was allegedly raped by her three brothers-in law at Murmuria Tea estate in Jorhat district, police said on Saturday.
Based on a complaint lodged at the Cinnamora outpost by the alleged victim`s father, the three brothers identified as Dipak Phulmali (18), Krishna Phulmali (19) and Sujit Phulmali (22) were arrested today, police sources said.
The FIR claimed that the three committed the crime when their elder brother and the woman`s husband was in an inebriated condition in their home at Bahoni labour line of the tea garden last night, the sources said.
A local court has sent the three to Jorhat Central Jail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of deaths at unmanned railway crossing in UP
- DNA: Analysis of deaths at unmanned railway crossing in UP- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of deployment of 100 Indian battle tanks in Ladakh border region
- DNA: Analysis of deployment of 100 Indian battle tanks in Ladakh border region- Part II
- DNA: Court acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching case
- 6.3-magnitude earthquake hits off Papua New Guinea: USGS
- Brexit a danger to US financial stability: Treasury
- Pak group uses ‘pellet-hit’ images of PM Modi, Amitabh Bachchan for Kashmir issue
- 19 killed in knife rampage at Japan care home; suspect surrenders
- Government auditor suspects companies rigged 1st e-auction of coal blocks in 2015