Villagers boycott polls in Arunachal Pradesh
Itanagar: Voters of a polling station in Arunachal Pradesh damaged the lone suspension bridge linking the village posing problems of polling officials to reach the booth, IGP (Law and Order) Satyendra Garg informed.
Polling officials, however, managed to reach the booth under Panging Assembly segment in East Siang district but the turn-out of voters was zero, Garg said.
The 140 voters of Sisen boycotted the Lok Sabha and Assembly polls held simultaneously in the state today to express their ire against the state government`s alleged apathy in developing the remote village, official sources said.
Sitting Industry Minister Tapang Taloh who represents the seat is facing a triangular contest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly