3 children critical after eating mid-day meal in Bihar
Patna: Twenty-two children took ill after eating mid-day meal in Bihar`s Vaishali district on Friday, district officials said. The condition of three is reported to be serious.
The incident occurred at the government primary school in Ramdaha village.
"The children were admitted to the Hajipur government hospital. Except for three children who are still critical, the rest are out of danger," the officials said.
Rice, pulses and vegetables were served in the meal. "Soon after eating the food, some children complained of stomach pain and started vomiting," an official said.
On hearing the news, parents rushed to the hospital to enquire about their children`s health, he said.
On July 16, 23 children died after eating contaminated mid-day meal at the primary school in Dharmasati Gandaman village of Bihar`s Saran district.
The mid-day meal scheme is running in 72,000 schools across the state and 16 million students avail hot, freshly cooked meals under it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video