3 children critical after eating mid-day meal in Bihar
Patna: Twenty-two children took ill after eating mid-day meal in Bihar`s Vaishali district on Friday, district officials said. The condition of three is reported to be serious.
The incident occurred at the government primary school in Ramdaha village.
"The children were admitted to the Hajipur government hospital. Except for three children who are still critical, the rest are out of danger," the officials said.
Rice, pulses and vegetables were served in the meal. "Soon after eating the food, some children complained of stomach pain and started vomiting," an official said.
On hearing the news, parents rushed to the hospital to enquire about their children`s health, he said.
On July 16, 23 children died after eating contaminated mid-day meal at the primary school in Dharmasati Gandaman village of Bihar`s Saran district.
The mid-day meal scheme is running in 72,000 schools across the state and 16 million students avail hot, freshly cooked meals under it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars