5 injured in violence at Bihar CM`s public meeting
Nawada: Five persons, including a block level JD(U) leader, were injured on Tuesday as a clash broke out among some people attending Chief Minister Nitish Kumar`s public meeting at the Harischandra Stadium in Bihar`s Nawada district, police sources said.
Alleging corruption in the district administration level and some other local issues, some people among the audience at Kumar`s public meeting turned on each other with broken pieces of plastic chairs, slippers causing injury to five, the sources said.
The Narhat block General Secretary Basant Rajvanshi suffered severe head injuries, while four others were also injured, they said adding the injured were rushed to a hospital.
Though some protesters were shown in video footage as throwing slippers and broken pieces of chairs in the direction of the Chief Minister, the officials denied any such incident taking place in Nawada.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP