55% turnout in Laukaha assembly bypoll in Bihar
Patna: An estimated 55 per cent voters
cast their votes in Laukaha assembly bypoll in Bihar`s
Madhubani district which passed off peacefully today, an
election official said.
There was no no report of violence or rigging of votes
or any electoral malpractices, Additional Chief Electoral
Officer Kumar Anshumali told reporters.
He said that the election authorities had deployed
1119 polling officials and used 267 EVMs. 20 companies of
security forces were deployed for the bypoll.
Countingn of votes will take place on December four.
Altogether 13 candidates, including JD(U)`s Satish
Kumar Sah, RJD`s Mukhtar Ahmed and CPI(M)`s Satya Narayan
Yadav were in the fray.
The death of JD(U) Minister Hari Prasad Sah last month
necessitated the poll.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar
- #SelfieWithDaughter trends worldwide on Twitter after PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat'