55% turnout in Laukaha assembly bypoll in Bihar
Patna: An estimated 55 per cent voters
cast their votes in Laukaha assembly bypoll in Bihar`s
Madhubani district which passed off peacefully today, an
election official said.
There was no no report of violence or rigging of votes
or any electoral malpractices, Additional Chief Electoral
Officer Kumar Anshumali told reporters.
He said that the election authorities had deployed
1119 polling officials and used 267 EVMs. 20 companies of
security forces were deployed for the bypoll.
Countingn of votes will take place on December four.
Altogether 13 candidates, including JD(U)`s Satish
Kumar Sah, RJD`s Mukhtar Ahmed and CPI(M)`s Satya Narayan
Yadav were in the fray.
The death of JD(U) Minister Hari Prasad Sah last month
necessitated the poll.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Subramanian Swamy at it again! Attacks Economic Affairs Secy Shaktikanta Das; Arun Jaitley calls it unfair
- Pakistan-North Korea nuclear trade being tracked by Indian intelligence agencies: Report
- Rousseff ex-minister arrested in Brazil graft probe
- 4,500 people rescued in Mediterranean: Italy coastguard
- Vijender Singh out of Olympic contention, wishes best for Vikas Krishan