55% turnout in Laukaha assembly bypoll in Bihar
Patna: An estimated 55 per cent voters
cast their votes in Laukaha assembly bypoll in Bihar`s
Madhubani district which passed off peacefully today, an
election official said.
There was no no report of violence or rigging of votes
or any electoral malpractices, Additional Chief Electoral
Officer Kumar Anshumali told reporters.
He said that the election authorities had deployed
1119 polling officials and used 267 EVMs. 20 companies of
security forces were deployed for the bypoll.
Countingn of votes will take place on December four.
Altogether 13 candidates, including JD(U)`s Satish
Kumar Sah, RJD`s Mukhtar Ahmed and CPI(M)`s Satya Narayan
Yadav were in the fray.
The death of JD(U) Minister Hari Prasad Sah last month
necessitated the poll.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley