55% turnout in Laukaha assembly bypoll in Bihar
Patna: An estimated 55 per cent voters
cast their votes in Laukaha assembly bypoll in Bihar`s
Madhubani district which passed off peacefully today, an
election official said.
There was no no report of violence or rigging of votes
or any electoral malpractices, Additional Chief Electoral
Officer Kumar Anshumali told reporters.
He said that the election authorities had deployed
1119 polling officials and used 267 EVMs. 20 companies of
security forces were deployed for the bypoll.
Countingn of votes will take place on December four.
Altogether 13 candidates, including JD(U)`s Satish
Kumar Sah, RJD`s Mukhtar Ahmed and CPI(M)`s Satya Narayan
Yadav were in the fray.
The death of JD(U) Minister Hari Prasad Sah last month
necessitated the poll.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof