Absconder Ramadhar Singh back in Nitish Cabinet
Patna: Senior BJP MLA Ramadhar Singh, who
resigned from the Bihar government after reports surfaced of
him being declared an absconder by a court 16 years ago, was
on Friday re-inducted as a cabinet minister.
Governor Devanand Konwar administered the oath of office
and secrecy to Singh at a simple function at Rajbhavan in the
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, Speaker Uday Narain
Choudhary, Deputy Chief Minister S K Modi were among those
present at the function.
With Singh`s re-induction, the number of the ministers
in the Nitish Kumar-led-ministry rose to 29.
A case had been registered at Madanpur police station
against Singh over a "communal speech" he made in Aurangabad
district in 1992. He was declared an absconder by a court in
Aurangabad in May 1995 after he repeatedly failed to appear
before it in connection with the case.
Singh, who still faces the charges, resigned from the
Nitish Kumar Cabinet as Cooperative Minister on May 20 after a
hue and cry was raised over him being a part of the government
despite being declared an absconder. Chief Opposition RJD had
also petitioned the Governor requesting him to sack Singh.
Singh, a four-time BJP MLA from Aurangabad, surrendered
before court on May 26. The court had on June 3 granted his
application for regular bail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31