Adequate security sought for Bihar Congress chief
Patna: In the wake of a series of violent incidents allegedly perpetrated by supporters of dissident leaders, Congress Monday sought adequate security for its state chief Anil Sharma, currently on `Parivartan yatra` seeking ouster of the Nitish Kumar government from power.
Bihar Pradesh Congress Committee (BPCC) General Secretary Kaukab Quadri said he has written a letter to the Director General of Police Neelmani seeking adequate security for Sharma.
"The state government must ask the superintendents of police to supervise Sharma`s security in course of his visit to the districts during Parivartan Yatra", he said.
Earlier too the party had written to the DGP seeking protection for Sharma.
Sharma`s Parivartan Yatra was disturbed when two rival groups of Congressmen clashed in Chapra on Saturday and in Siwan yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi