Adequate security sought for Bihar Congress chief
Patna: In the wake of a series of violent incidents allegedly perpetrated by supporters of dissident leaders, Congress Monday sought adequate security for its state chief Anil Sharma, currently on `Parivartan yatra` seeking ouster of the Nitish Kumar government from power.
Bihar Pradesh Congress Committee (BPCC) General Secretary Kaukab Quadri said he has written a letter to the Director General of Police Neelmani seeking adequate security for Sharma.
"The state government must ask the superintendents of police to supervise Sharma`s security in course of his visit to the districts during Parivartan Yatra", he said.
Earlier too the party had written to the DGP seeking protection for Sharma.
Sharma`s Parivartan Yatra was disturbed when two rival groups of Congressmen clashed in Chapra on Saturday and in Siwan yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video