Adequate security sought for Bihar Congress chief
Patna: In the wake of a series of violent incidents allegedly perpetrated by supporters of dissident leaders, Congress Monday sought adequate security for its state chief Anil Sharma, currently on `Parivartan yatra` seeking ouster of the Nitish Kumar government from power.
Bihar Pradesh Congress Committee (BPCC) General Secretary Kaukab Quadri said he has written a letter to the Director General of Police Neelmani seeking adequate security for Sharma.
"The state government must ask the superintendents of police to supervise Sharma`s security in course of his visit to the districts during Parivartan Yatra", he said.
Earlier too the party had written to the DGP seeking protection for Sharma.
Sharma`s Parivartan Yatra was disturbed when two rival groups of Congressmen clashed in Chapra on Saturday and in Siwan yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation