Anand Kumar to be awarded
Super30 founder and mathematician
Anand Kumar will be awarded the Pradhyapak Yashwant Rao Kelkar
Yuva Shiksha Puruskar for his outstanding contribution in the
field of education in Bihar.
The award carries a citation and Rs 25,000.
Anand has been selected for his contribution in teaching
children from underprivileged sections and preparing them for
the prestigious IIT-JEE at his Super 30 school, where the
students get free coaching, lodge and food for nine months.
In the last three years, all the 30 students of the
school have cracked the tough IIT-JEE drawing global attention
Newsweek and Time magazines this week published features
on Super 30, describing it as the best cram school in Asia.
Anand, who first started the Ramanujam School of
Mathematics in 1992, launched Super 30 in 2002.
Having experienced poverty in his childhood, he wanted to
train poor but talented children which resulted in the birth
of Super 30 - now a name in itself.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon