Anand Kumar to be awarded
Super30 founder and mathematician
Anand Kumar will be awarded the Pradhyapak Yashwant Rao Kelkar
Yuva Shiksha Puruskar for his outstanding contribution in the
field of education in Bihar.
The award carries a citation and Rs 25,000.
Anand has been selected for his contribution in teaching
children from underprivileged sections and preparing them for
the prestigious IIT-JEE at his Super 30 school, where the
students get free coaching, lodge and food for nine months.
In the last three years, all the 30 students of the
school have cracked the tough IIT-JEE drawing global attention
Newsweek and Time magazines this week published features
on Super 30, describing it as the best cram school in Asia.
Anand, who first started the Ramanujam School of
Mathematics in 1992, launched Super 30 in 2002.
Having experienced poverty in his childhood, he wanted to
train poor but talented children which resulted in the birth
of Super 30 - now a name in itself.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi