Another boy ends life over mobile phone in Bihar
Patna: A 13-year-old boy committed suicide by consuming poison in a village in Bihar`s Gaya district after his parents refused to give him a mobile phone that he repeatedly asked for, police said on Saturday.
Ankit Kumar, a student of class six, committed suicide in Sesari village in Gaya, about 100 km from here, Friday.
"He used to threaten his parents with suicide, if they did not buy him a phone," a local police official said.
This is second such case reported in Bihar in the last ten days.
Earlier, a 12-year-old boy immolated himself in Siwan district after his father snatched his mobile telephone, which the boy had allegedly bought with money he stole.
Police official Ramagya Rai said the 12-year-old committed suicide after his father questioned him about the purchase of the phone.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars