Another boy ends life over mobile phone in Bihar
Patna: A 13-year-old boy committed suicide by consuming poison in a village in Bihar`s Gaya district after his parents refused to give him a mobile phone that he repeatedly asked for, police said on Saturday.
Ankit Kumar, a student of class six, committed suicide in Sesari village in Gaya, about 100 km from here, Friday.
"He used to threaten his parents with suicide, if they did not buy him a phone," a local police official said.
This is second such case reported in Bihar in the last ten days.
Earlier, a 12-year-old boy immolated himself in Siwan district after his father snatched his mobile telephone, which the boy had allegedly bought with money he stole.
Police official Ramagya Rai said the 12-year-old committed suicide after his father questioned him about the purchase of the phone.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf