Another boy ends life over mobile phone in Bihar
Patna: A 13-year-old boy committed suicide by consuming poison in a village in Bihar`s Gaya district after his parents refused to give him a mobile phone that he repeatedly asked for, police said on Saturday.
Ankit Kumar, a student of class six, committed suicide in Sesari village in Gaya, about 100 km from here, Friday.
"He used to threaten his parents with suicide, if they did not buy him a phone," a local police official said.
This is second such case reported in Bihar in the last ten days.
Earlier, a 12-year-old boy immolated himself in Siwan district after his father snatched his mobile telephone, which the boy had allegedly bought with money he stole.
Police official Ramagya Rai said the 12-year-old committed suicide after his father questioned him about the purchase of the phone.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof