Another boy ends life over mobile phone in Bihar
Patna: A 13-year-old boy committed suicide by consuming poison in a village in Bihar`s Gaya district after his parents refused to give him a mobile phone that he repeatedly asked for, police said on Saturday.
Ankit Kumar, a student of class six, committed suicide in Sesari village in Gaya, about 100 km from here, Friday.
"He used to threaten his parents with suicide, if they did not buy him a phone," a local police official said.
This is second such case reported in Bihar in the last ten days.
Earlier, a 12-year-old boy immolated himself in Siwan district after his father snatched his mobile telephone, which the boy had allegedly bought with money he stole.
Police official Ramagya Rai said the 12-year-old committed suicide after his father questioned him about the purchase of the phone.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'