`Area commander` among 3 Naxalites held
Sasaram: Three Maoists, including a self-styled area commander have been arrested from a village in Bihar`s Rohtas district, police said.
On a tip-off about Naxalites assembling at a house, police conducted raid Wednesday night and arrested three of them including the self-styled area commander Mohan Paswan, Superintendent of Police Manu Mahajan said.
The other two have been identified as Ranjit Paswan and Kedar Rawani, the SP said, adding the area commander is an accused in more than 50 incidents triggered by outlawed Naxalite outfit. He was absconding for the past 10 years.
The raiding police team recovered huge quantity of Naxal literature and pamphlets relating to demand for levy, the SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Parliament deadlock: BJP says blame Sonia if Monsoon Session washed out, calls Congress 'confused'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan