`Area commander` among 3 Naxalites held
Sasaram: Three Maoists, including a self-styled area commander have been arrested from a village in Bihar`s Rohtas district, police said.
On a tip-off about Naxalites assembling at a house, police conducted raid Wednesday night and arrested three of them including the self-styled area commander Mohan Paswan, Superintendent of Police Manu Mahajan said.
The other two have been identified as Ranjit Paswan and Kedar Rawani, the SP said, adding the area commander is an accused in more than 50 incidents triggered by outlawed Naxalite outfit. He was absconding for the past 10 years.
The raiding police team recovered huge quantity of Naxal literature and pamphlets relating to demand for levy, the SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj