Armed dacoits loot cash, jewellery from passengers on Janshatabdi Express
Zee Media Bureau/Ritesh K Srivastava
Patna: In yet another incident highlighting the plight of train travellers, some 30 armed dacoits looted more than 300 passengers on board the Janshatabdi express that was heading to Patna from Ranchi on Tuesday night.
According to reports, the dacoits looted gold worth several lakhs and cash from passengers travelling in the AC coaches. The incident took place between Kodarma in Jharkhand and Gaya in Bihar.
"Around 20-25 dacoits came and took away jewellery, money and whatever they could find. They even fought with some passengers. There were no police personnel on board," said a passenger.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- `IS child bomber` behind Turkey wedding blast, claims President
- Welshman Gareth Bale fires Real Madrid past Real Sociadad 3-0 in the opening encounter
- Rio Olympics bid farewell as athletes sign-off with a colorful closing ceremony
- Athletes’ Report Card: See how the Indian athletes performed at the 2016 Olympic Games
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon