Armed dacoits loot cash, jewellery from passengers on Janshatabdi Express
Zee Media Bureau/Ritesh K Srivastava
Patna: In yet another incident highlighting the plight of train travellers, some 30 armed dacoits looted more than 300 passengers on board the Janshatabdi express that was heading to Patna from Ranchi on Tuesday night.
According to reports, the dacoits looted gold worth several lakhs and cash from passengers travelling in the AC coaches. The incident took place between Kodarma in Jharkhand and Gaya in Bihar.
"Around 20-25 dacoits came and took away jewellery, money and whatever they could find. They even fought with some passengers. There were no police personnel on board," said a passenger.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire