Armed dacoits loot cash, jewellery from passengers on Janshatabdi Express
Zee Media Bureau/Ritesh K Srivastava
Patna: In yet another incident highlighting the plight of train travellers, some 30 armed dacoits looted more than 300 passengers on board the Janshatabdi express that was heading to Patna from Ranchi on Tuesday night.
According to reports, the dacoits looted gold worth several lakhs and cash from passengers travelling in the AC coaches. The incident took place between Kodarma in Jharkhand and Gaya in Bihar.
"Around 20-25 dacoits came and took away jewellery, money and whatever they could find. They even fought with some passengers. There were no police personnel on board," said a passenger.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Watch: Jeff Williams shares wide view of Grand Teton National Park, Wyoming from space!
- 1st Test, Day 3: Sri Lanka vs Australia - As it happened...
- Bail plea of Amanatullah Khan, accused of threatening woman with rape and murder, to be heard today
- Bhagwant Mann FB video row: Deadline for AAP MP to depose before parliamentary panel ends today
- Donald Trump was 'being sarcastic' over Russia hacking comments