Armed dacoits loot cash, jewellery from passengers on Janshatabdi Express
Zee Media Bureau/Ritesh K Srivastava
Patna: In yet another incident highlighting the plight of train travellers, some 30 armed dacoits looted more than 300 passengers on board the Janshatabdi express that was heading to Patna from Ranchi on Tuesday night.
According to reports, the dacoits looted gold worth several lakhs and cash from passengers travelling in the AC coaches. The incident took place between Kodarma in Jharkhand and Gaya in Bihar.
"Around 20-25 dacoits came and took away jewellery, money and whatever they could find. They even fought with some passengers. There were no police personnel on board," said a passenger.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir