Arms, explosives seized, 6 suspected ultras detained in Bihar
Munger: Security forces seized a large haul of arms and explosives and detained six suspected Maoists from Kanani forests in Bihar`s Munger district.
Acting on a tip-off, the security forces - comprising CRPF jawans and the district police - launched a combing and search operation in Kanani forests, Deputy Inspector General of Police (DIG), Munger Range, Sudhanshu Ranjan said.
During the gun-battle, at least three Maoists suffered injuries, but they were whisked away by others in the outfit in the jungle.
Six persons, suspected to be ultras, were detained for questioning, he said.
The forces later recovered an Insas rifle, 50 detonators and over 100 rounds of ammunition, besides Naxal literature and uniforms from the encounter site, the DIG said.
The forces returned to their base camp after completing search operation in Kanani forest, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Amartya Sen says Modi govt ousted him from Nalanda University
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends