ASI arrested for taking bribe
Sitamarhi: The vigilance bureau monday arrested an assistant sub-inspector of police from Runni Saidpur police station in Bihar`s Sitamarhi district for taking a bribe of Rs. 5,000, official sources said.
Acting on a complaint, a vigilance team laid a trap and caught the ASI Rampukar Safi taking the money from a person named Nandubhai Patel of Manichowk locality, the sources said.
The ASI had demanded the bribe for arresting an accused in a case, they said.
The bribe was recovered from Safi, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'