Awadesh Singh elected as Bihar Council chairman
Patna: BJP MLC Awadesh Narayan Singh was unanimously declared elected as Bihar legislative council chairman on Wednesday.
Council Deputy Chairman Salim Parvez informed the House about the unanimous election of Singh as its new chairman.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi, Leader of Opposition Gulam Gaus, Deputy Chairman and other members congratulated Singh on his election.
Kumar later escorted Singh to the chairman`s chair in the council in conformity with the protocol.
The post had fallen vacant after former chairman Tarakant Jha failed to get nomination for another term as a member of the upper house from his parent party, the BJP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Fiji military chief visits New Zealand for rebuilding of links between the armed forces
- Olympic flag arrives in Tokyo, host city of 2020 Summer Olympics
- Any talks on Kashmir must include Pakistan: Hurriyat Conference's Mirwaiz Umar Farooq
- Janmashtami special—Celebrate Krishna's birth with these top 5 Bollywood tracks!
- Prevent abdominal aortic rupture – Drink green tea!